The Society for the Preservation of the Old Meeting House in Webster, NH
(Mailing address: Webster Historical Society, 1215 Battle Street, Webster, NH 03303)
Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Hy-Mar Museum, 1215 Battle Street, Webster
NEW! Thanks to Derek Redmond from Kingston, Canada, we have access to pictures from Life Magazine’s archives about Clarence and Mary Hyde’s generosity – probably in Massachusetts. If anyone recognizes persons or places in these pictures, please contact us at Webster1860@gmail.com.
MUSE (MUseums Sharing Experiences)
The Webster Historical Society and the Webster Public Library are participants in the MUSE group. For 2017, this group is sponsoring exhibits and programs in commemoration of 100th anniversary of the United States’ entry into World War I.
There’s something for everyone: films, exhibits, community reads, book discussions, and a sing-along as well as presentations about chemical warfare, women’s suffrage, the flu pandemic, and the home front. For a complete schedule of events and exhibitions, please view the MUSE website, and especially the Event Schedule.
Webster plans to host 3 films and one presentation. These events are free, but donations are welcome. Mark your calendars!
- October 28, 2017, 2 pm (Saturday), Town Hall: “An American Nurse at War” plus presentations by local Historical Societies about Warner & Hopkinton WWI nurses.
- [Past Event: Film on March 25, 2017]
- [Past Event: Film on May 12, 2017]
- [Past Event: Film on September 9, 2017]
Being accepted as an historic place by The National Register of Historic Places grants authenticity to many of our national treasures! The Webster, NH 1791 Meeting House was placed on this register in 1985 – and because of its age, it is in constant need of attention. Please visit if you are in the area – and leave a donation if possible.
Five ways to participate:
- Contribute your expertise – whatever your skill set;
- Give physical artifacts to the society;
- Loan physical artifacts to the society for special events;
- Volunteer your time at our Open House and other events;
- Allow us to scan and display your old photographs!
Four ways to donate:
- By check payable to Webster Historical Society: mail to 1215 Battle Street, Webster, NH 03303
- By credit card or PayPal: use donate button on the right
- By a visit to the Old Meeting House: use the Donation Box
- By using Smile.Amazon to contribute 0.5% of your purchase at no cost to you!
A new way to contribute, and it costs you nothing! Use the link below and Amazon will contribute 0.5% of eligible purchases to the Society!