Thomas Austin. Died Andover, MA 22 Mar 1722 “drowned in Merrimake River going home from Meeting on the Sabbath Day. ” Hendrick genealogy: Jotham Hendricks “…m. Oct. 21, 1722, the widow, Hannah (Foster) Austin, whose husband Thomas Austin, the immigrant, lived in Andover until 1711, when he moved across the Merrimack river into that part of Haverhill that was later incorporated as the town of Methuen, N.H. (in 1725). He and Hannah Foster were married Sept. 15, 1690 in Andover. As he was returning home with Joshua Stevens ‘from meeting, Sabbath day’ Mar. 22, 1722, he was drowned in the Merrimack river, leaving his widow with seven children. She was born July 16, 1668 in Andover, Mass., dau. Of Andrew and Mary (Russe) Foster. She seems to have had no children by Jotham Hendrick. After Jotham Hendrick’s death, she married Apr. 17, 1729 at Haverhill, Mass., as her third husband, Henry Bradley of Newbury, Mass.”
Married Andover, MA 15 Sep 1690 Hannah Foster. She married (2) 2 Oct 1722 Jotham Hendricks of Haverhill, MA. She married (3) 17 Apr 1729 Henry Bradley.
Children of Thomas Austin and Hannah Foster:
- Thomas Austin “Astin”, born Andover, MA 23 Jan 1691/2. Married Andover, MA 26 Oct 1714 Sarah Lovejoy of Andover. Children born in Methuen.
- Benjamin Austin “Astine”, born Andover, MA 16 June 1694 (see below).
- Daniel Austin “Astin”, born Andover, MA 8 Aug 1698. Married Andover, MA 26 Jun 1722 Priscilla Stevens (b. Andover, MA 12 Aug 1699; died Lunenburg, MA 10 May 1782). Lived in Andover until 1726, then moved to Lunenburg, MA. Died 29 May 1773. Burial Lunenburg: findagrave.
- Zebediah Austin. Marriage intention posted Methuen, MA 24 January 1728/29 to marry Sarah Gutterson. Children born in Methuen, MA.
- Abiall Austin, born Andover, MA 1703. Married Haverhill, MA 24 May 1727 Sarah Moulton. Child born in Haverhill, MA.
- Hannah Austin, born abt 1704. Married 16 Jul 1722 Hezekiah Lovejoy. Lived in Haverhill, MA, then Amherst, NH where she died in 1805.
- A child Austin, b. Andover, MA 7 Apr 1706.
Benjamin Austin, born Andover, MA 16 Jun 1694, son of Thomas Austin and Hannah Foster. Died Hollis, NH 1742.
Married Andover, MA 12 Apr 1718 Mary Stevens, born Andover, MA 23 Aug 1695, daughter of John Stevens and Ruth Poor.
Children of Benjamin Austin and Mary Stevens:
- Mary Austin, born Andover, MA 7 Apr 1719.
- Benjamin Austin, born Andover, MA 12 Feb 1722/23. Died Andover, MA 16 Dec 1739.
- Martha Austin, born Andover, MA 1 Jun 1725.
- Unnamed daughter Austin, born Andover, MA 9 Dec 1729. Died Andover, MA 9 Dec 1729.
- John Austin, born Andover, MA 25 Jan 1729/30 (see below).
- Timothy Austin, born Andover, MA 16 Mar 1732/33.
- Sarah Austin, born Andover, MA 21 May 1735. Andover records cites death of Sarah, daughter if Benjamin and Mary, 16 May 1732. It may be another Sarah born before this Sarah in 1735.
- Phineas Austin, born Andover, MA 3 Nov 1737. Died Andover, MA 10 Dec 1739.
- Benjamin Austin, born Andover, MA 11 Jan 1740/41.
- Ruth Austin. No birth record. Died Andover, MA 4 Dec 1739.
John Austin, born Andover, MA 25 Jan 1729/30, son of Benjamin Austin and Mary Stevens. Died Hollis, NH 2 Jan 1776.
Married Hollis, NH 1756 Sarah Hastings, born about 1736, perhaps the daughter of John and Keziah Hastings. Died Concord, NH 12 Jul 1848.
Children of John and Sarah (Hasting) Austin:
- Sarah Austin, born 1757.
- John Austin Jr., born 1758.
- Andrew Austin, born 1759, died 1770.
- Martha Austin, born 1763.
- Benjamin Austin, born Hollis, NH 25 Jan 1765 (see below).
- Aaron Austin, born 1766. Died Concord, NH 1813. Married Concord, NH 25 Nov 1790 Judith Eastman, born Concord, NH 7 September 1769; died Concord 12 Jul 1848; daughter of Moses and Elizabeth (Kimball) Eastman. Had (among others) daughter Betsey, born 10 Oct 1796, died Chelsea, VT 19 Dec 1869, who married (probably Franklin, NH) 30 Dec 1833 Kendall Osgood, born Gorham, ME 20 Dec 1792.
- Eldad Austin, born abt 1769 (see below).
- Mary “Polly” Austin, born Hollis, NH 12 Jun 1769. Died Compton, Quebec, Canada 11 Jun 1835: findagrave Married Concord, NH 17 Feb 1791 Jewett Putney, born New Hampshire 13 May 1768; died Ashtabula County, Ohio 27 Jun 1841: findagrave
- Andrew Austin, born NH abt 1771. Died Concord, NH Feb 1850. Buried Horse Hill Cemetery, Concord, NH: findagrave . Married (1) Concord, NH 17 Nov 1791 Sally Carter. Married (2) Concord, NH 10 May 1832 Elizabeth Abbott, born Concord, NH abt 1794; died Concord, NH 7 Apr 1840; buried Horse Hill Cemetery, Concord, NH: findagrave . Married (3) 27 Jul 1840 Mrs. Hannah Elliot, born NH abt 1783.
Signer Benjamin Austin , born Hollis, NH 25 Jan 1765. Died Grafton, NH 12 Jun 1813.
Married Pembroke, NH 18 Sep 1788 Ann McConnell, born Pembroke, NH 10 Feb 1765, daughter of Samuel McConnell, and Ann Cunningham. Died Bow, NH 2 Dec 1850.
Children of Benjamin Austin and Ann McConnell:
- John Austin, born Pembroke, NH 9 Dec 1788.
- James Cunningham Austin, born Pembroke, NH 9 Dec 1780 (likely 1790); died Landaff, NH 24 Mar 1879, age 88.
- Samuel McConnell Austin, born Boscawen, NH 6 Jan 1794. Died Dodge County, Wisconsin 1876.
- Benjamin Austin, born Boscawen, NH 31 Dec 1795.
Signer Eldad Austin, born about 1769, son of John Austin and Sarah Hastings. Died Boscawen, NH 30 May 1821, age 52.
Married Priscilla Lowell, born about 1780. Died Boscawen, NH 6 Nov 1838, widowed, age is blank.
Children of Eldad Austin and Priscilla Lowell:
- Jane G. Austin, born abt 1800. Died NH 15 Feb 1887. Married Boscawen, NH 12 Apr 1825 Edward Lee Sargent (1796-1838).
- Ezra L. Austin. Born NH abt 1802. Married Elmira Dow, born NH abt 1817. 1850 census in Franklin, NH. 1860 census of Concord, Illinois. Buried Buda, Bureau County, Illinois: findagrave. His wife is cited as Almira Jameson, died Bureau County, Illinois 9 May 1879: findagrave. Did she re-marry someone named Jameson?
- Judith L. Austin, born Webster, NH about 1809, died single, Boscawen, NH 12 Dec 1896, age 87, cause is old age.
- Priscilla P. Austin, born Boscawen, NH about 1812. Died Salisbury, NH 21 Mar 1895, age 82 years 8 months 7 days, married, cause is typhoid pneumonia, buried Oak Hill Cemetery, Salisbury. Married Canterbury, NH 6 Mar 1838 Moses C. Webster (1813-?)
8 Dec 1819, Last Will: left to “my wife” use and improvement of one half of all my real estate during her natural life and the use one half of my stock of cattle, horses, sheep and swine, plus all household furniture. To my son Ezra Austin one half of my real estate and the other half of stock. Ezra to pay my daughter Jane $100 when she is 18 years old, and to each of my other daughters Judith and Prisilla $100 each when they are 18. All other estate give to executrix, my wife Prisilla Austin.