
Original location of Meeting House and Horse Shed.

Current location of Meeting House and reproduction Horse Shed.
Behind the Old Meeting House is an open-sided reproduction of a typical horse shed of the type often associated with meeting houses. This was built in 1972 and extended in 1979, these multiple bays presently house a display of various pieces of horse-drawn equipment. The northern most bay houses the restored Mast Wheels, and the two southernmost bays are enclosed to form a secure storage shed.
Standing behind (to the east of) the meeting house, the horse shed is one hundred feet in length. It is built of modern materials in a form that suggests the sheds that stood beside the meeting house in its original location. The building consists of ten-foot bays; the southern seven bays were, constructed in 1972 and the northern three bays in 1979. The building has a braced frame of heavy sawn timbers, clad in wide vertical pine boards. The roof frame consists of rafters of two-inch stock, placed twenty-four inches on centers. The structure is sixteen feet in depth and has a wood-shingled gable roof. The three northernmost ten-foot bays were enclosed to accommodate a 1947 fire truck. The middle five sections were originally un-floored, the flooring added later to protect the contents of the shed. The bays have open fronts, now screened-in, (west elevations) to suggest traditional horse sheds, where horses were sheltered during meetings.
Two of the pictures in the Meeting House Photo Gallery show the original horse shed.